Sunday, September 16, 2012

Beauty- DIY Spa Mask

Hey everyone! The stressful school year has arrived, and I thought that having a mini-series on DIY spa products would encourage us to pamper ourselves with a little spa treatment. This will allow us to unwind after a full night of studying, and school work. This mini-series will last for a total of four posts, one on a bath, a hair, a foot, and a facial product. Each DIY recipe is found in my absolute, favorite spa book, Klutz's The Body Book. This spa book has a slew of hair, hand/feet, bath, and facial product recipes for you to choose from, and each one I try, I like! I strongly suggest any DIY product lover to try out this book. I can almost guarantee you will be satisfied.
So for this post, I will be showing you all a recipe for "The extra gentle yogurt face mask". This is ideal for sensitive skin, as it gently softens, and slightly tones. The book suggests using whole milk yogurt for dry skin, and nonfat or low fat yogurt otherwise.
The Ingredients: 
1/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cucumber, peeled
How To:
Put the yogurt and cucumber into a blender or food processor and puree until the consistency is smooth.  Dump into a bowl and apply to clean skin with a cotton pad. Leave the mask on for approximately ten minutes before you clean it off. 
Note: This mask is runny, so I like to wear my hair up in a bun and pulled back with a stretchy headband. 
Xoxo-Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment