Sunday, February 26, 2012

Beauty- All Things B.B.

Hey everyone, it's Sophia! For today's beauty post, I'm going to be reviewing a new type of product on the rise. Right now, a new kind of makeup is on the market that is a tinted moisturizer, (so it keeps skin soft, while giving it slight color,) but it also contains SPF. It is especially important to be using a product with SPF right now, with spring around the corner. This new type of skincare is called BB, which generally stands for beauty or blemish balm.This was an especially intriguing product type to me because I have a very uneven skin tone, but also very dry skin, so foundations and most tinted moisturizers don't cut it. Below I've commented on some popular BB's.Enjoy! 
This is the Clinique Age Defying BB with SPF 30.(Keep in mind that you want to wear a minimum of 30 SPF everyday, so this just cuts it.) Even though it's age defying, it's still fine for young skin. But, I didn't get this because it only comes in two shades, neither of which matched my skin. 
This is the Too Face Beauty Balm, and is very popular. But it only has an SPF of 20. Although this is still better than a classic foundation or tinted moisturizer, I would look for one with a higher SPF before resorting to this. 
 This is the Smashbox Camera Ready BB with SPF 35, and the one I ended up purchasing. Right now I'm obsessed with this BB for it's sheer coverage yet moisturizing ability. But if you are looking for more than slight color, this isn't the BB for you. 
This is a beauty balm by Dr. Jart with SPF 25.(still a little low) This BB gives a lot of coverage, but is very pricey considering the size of the bottle. 
All of these can be purchased at sephora.com  
xoxo Sophia

1 comment:

  1. Thnx for all the info on BB's. I actually saw the Too Faced BB @ sephora a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete