Sunday, May 20, 2012

Beauty- Party Makeup Tutorial

Hey Girlies! 
    So I want to start by apologizing for not posting in so long, I've been crazy busy! But anyway, last night I went to a really casual outdoors-party. So today I'm going to be doing a tutorial on a look that's dressier than your everyday routine, but still not too time-consuming.  
 So I started with my smashbox camera ready bb cream with spf 30. I apply this with my sephora foundation brush. I start on the sides of my nose and work outward from there, I also make a point to rub it onto my neck a little, so the slight tan appears more natural.  




Next I apply my garnier fructis anti dark circle roller with caffeine, which brightens up my eyes a lot, making them appear more lively. And when I first rolled this on it seemed way too fair for my skin tone, but after it's patted in the lightness made my eyes pop more. On top of this I did a thin coat of my clinique airbrush concealer, which mask the circle conpletely without looking too cakey. 


After that my skin appears healthy and balanced so I move on to eyes. I start with my Too Faced Natural Eye Palette, which is probably the best eye shadow palette I have ever used. So I start by priming my eyes with the shade heaven, and then use the shadow classic from my crease up and out to my brow bone. Then I add a little of the color honey pot to the center of my lid, that adds a pretty gold shine.( But when using honeypot be cautious and hold a tissue below your eye because it has a lot of fallout.) Then I take a touch of my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to The Bronze, and with my finger glide from the crease to the outer corner. 


Now I use my 24/7 Urban Decay eyeliner in zero and lightly line my water line, by pulling below the edge of my eye. This is barely noticeable and makes eyes appear bigger. And instead of mascara I curl my eyelashes with my shu umera eyelash curler. When curling lashes, it's important to come as close as possible to the eye, and after pushing down, to gently raise the curler up to a ninety degree angle. Doing this makes lashes look longer and thicker.   


To finish I take my Bobbi Brown brick compact in rose and sweep it over my my whole face starting on my cheek bones and ending by brushing it down my nose with my tokidoki kabuki brush. This gives my whole face a glittery glow. For the last finishing touch I use my smashbox limetless long wear lipgloss. Which is sheer but peachy and noticeable.  
In the comments below tell me how it turned out when you tried this look, and what hairstyle you paired with it to dress it up or down
xoxo, Sophia



1 comment:

  1. I would pair this w/ either a messy bun, or loose beachy waves. Now I need to get the Too Faced eye palette!
    xo-P

    ReplyDelete