Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fashion- Birthstone Jewelry

Hey everyone! For today's fashion post, I decided to write about birthstone jewelry.  Since there are 12 different stones, I chose  to make a companion post to this one talking about the last six stones, and this post will be dedicated to the  first six. Many of you are probably familiar with birthstones, and those stones appearing in jewelry, but here is a guide to a few of my favorite pieces for each month. Birthstones add a personal touch to one's jewelry, and I like how each stone is unique, and has characteristics that cannot be matched by any other stone. Birthstone jewelry also make for great gifts! If you don't know which birthstone is yours, next to each name/picture of the stone is the month it belongs to. If your birthday falls in that month, that is your birthstone. I hope you enjoy! xoxo- The Glam Girls
(notice: My guide is based on the U.S. 2012 Birthstones chart I found on wikipedia. There are also zodiac birthstones, day of the week stones, and different birthstones for different time periods and religions.)


Garnet- January This beautiful garnet wrap bracelet by chan luu is certainly a favorite because I like the dark color of the stone in contrast with the delicate crystals.
Amethyst- February What I love about amethyst is its gorgeous, purple color. Satya jewelry has these very simple, but elegant, amethyst "stretch bracelets" that I think would look great in bunches stacked on the wrist.
Aquamarine- March Unfortunately, I don't know where I got this ring, but it is a gold band with an aquamarine stone in the center. It is quite dainty, but the bright pop of aquamarine color adds some boldness.

Diamond- April Because diamonds are rather popular in jewelry, and you want your birthstone jewelry to let the actual stone stand out and seem special, I chose Dyanne Belle's Twinkle Charm in diamonds as a gorgeous April gemstone piece.



Emerald- May The emerald color is a rich, green color that is a very chic stone. I like for the emerald to stand out, so Dyanne Belle's gemstone beaded bracelets look great when one emerald colored bracelet is surrounded by a few beaded ones. 
Pearl- June Pearls, another popular stone in jewelry, can still look unique by returning to chan luu's site. This is the same wrap bracelet as the garnet one, but I love it just as much because there is still some contrast. The beautiful pearls and delicate crystals are great against the brown leather. 


No comments:

Post a Comment