Sunday, January 8, 2012

Notable Necklaces

Hey Fashionistas!
 So my birthday recently happened, and I got a LOT of jewelry! When I opened present after present to reveal yet another piece of jewelry, I realized, a lot of people forget about jewelry as a key component of fashion. Jewelry can dramatically change an outfit, even though it's rather small. I recently started choosing a jewelry element, and working my outfit around that single piece of jewelry. This let me experiment with different outfit combinations, helping me to find an outfit I really liked, and had always had every component in it, but had never thought to mix the items together! These are some jewelry pieces that I work my outfits around! 
This particular necklace I got for my bat mitzvah, and absolutely love! It is simple, and adds a girly chic look to any average outfit. I recommend this simple Elsa Peretti original for anyone with a bright, happy personality! This is one of many designs for her heart, it is also made in charm bracelet,diamonds, and other forms.
This is also an Elsa Peretti original, and is made in many other styles. I love this piece because it shows more edge, but still has a laid-back vibe to it. I think this is very unique even though there are lots of starfish necklaces made, I've never seen one with edges this realistic looking. When I imagine a starfish, I picture it basking in the sun, relaxing, and that is exactly what this starfish is doing. This also go's with any outfit! 
This is a long necklace that hangs to my mid-stomach area, from Forever 21. This leaf necklace literally changed my whole outfit from a basic grey tee and gave it a more hipster look. This season, long, hanging necklaces are so in! They also look good paired with shorter necklaces to create layers. This is also REALLY cheap!  
Even though this isn't a necklace, I couldn't help myself, this ring is just too pretty to not include. This is a Me & Ro cherub embossed ring made of sterling silver. Although it is hard to make out,It is sleek and smooth with an angel on it, and has a matte finish. This adds mature style to any outfit.
These are my personal favorite, for many reasons. For one, they are beautiful and delicate angel wings, and come in many variations. But the main reason I like them is because 100% of the profit goes to a charity in Newark, New Jersey called Franciscan Charities that has a soup kitchen, food pantry, literacy program, and other programs that help the homeless and the working poor. They are designed by a generous and fabulous jewelry designer named Debbie Schecter of Dyanne Belle Jewelry Design in New York City (Dyannebelle.com).  These may be purchased at franciscancharitiesinc.org.
xoxo,Sophia

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie,
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) and i love the wings too.
    From,
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete