Sunday, June 10, 2012

Beach Beauty

Hey everyone! Since summer is here, and I am assuming many trips to the beach are being planned, here are a few beach beauty essentials. There are four categories (Hair, Nails, Skin, Makeup), and each will have a product(s) recommendation that will get you beach ready. Enjoy! xoxo-Paris
Hair
 Pantene Nature Fusion Shampoo/Conditioner (Moisture Balance) This Shampoo and Conditioner duo is super light, and won't weigh down your hair. This lightweight formula is essential when trying to achieve loose, beachy waves. 
Nails
Orly Nail Polish in "Luxe" This color not only goes on smoothly, but reflects beautifully against the sun. The polish has little flecks of glitter in it, which shine when light hits them. I also think it kind of looks like sand on a beach, except a golden color. 
Skin
Body Shop Body and Leg Shine This will give your skin a sheen, and some color without any harmful chemicals that can damage skin. Unlike self tanners that may streak and last a long time, all you do is swipe this on your body, and it rinses off when you shower!




Sunscreen! This is by far, the most important product to apply (especially when at the beach or somewhere sunny). Although you may think skipping this step once or twice can't hurt, you really need to reconsider. First, not putting your sunscreen on is seriously risking your health, as well as your appearance. All sunscreens are great (SPF 30+ is suggested for days at the beach), it just depends on what you like. For my face I try gentle creams. I like the Neutrogena Baby Sunscreen Stick. As for my body, I like any spray applicator for a quick and even application. 
Makeup
Covergirl Lash Blast- Affordable, dramatic lashes that won't wash off in the pool.
Covergirl Lash Exact- In my previous beauty post, I talk about how perfect this mascara is for natural looking makeup. I suggest this if you are going for that natural, everyday look, but want it to last all day.
Maybelline Baby Lips Pink Punch- This has SPF 20 in it (a bonus for your lips!), and the color payoff is magnificent (you can't even believe you only used chapstick).
Softlips Pearl- This has SPF 15 in it, and has been in my April favorites post. I really like this because it is a light, shimmery, pink color, which is both great alone, or paired with any lipstick. Again, this is in chapstick form, so it is easy to apply on the beach. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the neutrogena pure and free baby sunstick.
    -YKW

    ReplyDelete