Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fashion- Friendship Bracelets for Summer

Hey girls! I am sure most of you are familiar with friendship bracelets, and I decided to do a post on them today because summer is prime time for friendship bracelet making. What is great about these bracelets is that you can make them yourself, and still sport a stylish piece of jewelry as well. Below are different friendship bracelet styles, trends, and more. If you know of any other handmade jewelry item that you love, leave us a comment. Enjoy! xoxo- Paris


Stacked with other bracelets: Friendship bracelets make for a summery look, but can also be pretty edgy when paired with bracelets of many shapes, sizes, and textures. I like wearing this huge, zig-zag friendship bracelet my sister made, with a leather band styled with a silver peace sign.
I also love how this girl threw on a multi-colored friendship bracelet, along with her other jewels. I think at first glance her style is very put together and sleek, but when you notice the friendship bracelet, the entire outfit has changed to a more trendy vibe.

Different Stitches: There are many friendship bracelet stitches to try out, all of which require a different skill level. For me, I like sticking with the simple candy stripe or knot stitch. (I don't have much bracelet making skill.) My sister however, is able to accomplish even the most difficult of stitches. She has made heart shaped, "XOXO", and the zig-zag stitch shown above (that zig-zag stitch is harder to make than it looks!) 

Wear as a Ring: I also like to create mini friendship bracelets and turning them into rings. These you can easily slide off your finger and remove whenever, unlike bracelets which may be difficult to slide off. They are quick and easy to make, so you can make a bunch of different styles and colors at once. Then stack them up, or change them out depending on your outfit. 
Friendship Wrap Bracelet: Wrap bracelets have been trending these past few years, and this trend can take your average friendship bracelet to a whole new level. Try making a friendship bracelet half one stitch, and the other half another, and make it long enough to wrap around your wrist more than once. Simply tie in a wrapped fashion, and sport a cute new bracelet style. 









2 comments:

  1. I love this post! It is one of my favorites! I think I am going to try and make a ring, however i am not very good at making friendship bracelets!

    ReplyDelete

  2. I have been reading many articles and posts on wordpress seo but since I am not that tech sound so unable to do it.
    However your tips are impressive and lets see if it works for me and if I can do it as directed by you.
    So I will be in touch with you for the same and will be troubling you with my silly seo queries .friendship bands

    ReplyDelete